By default there are 3 type of system Roles .
1) System Administrator - Users in this role have access to everything.
2) Users - Users in this role has access to "My profile" and "Categories". All self registered users will be in this role.
3) Unregistered users - All users that are not registered will be in this role .
This roles cannot be deleted . But access can be given .
You can create your own roles and set any access to them .
1) Click "Roles" on the left menu .
2) Click "New role" .
3) Enter Role name and Role description an click "Save" button .
4) To set access click "Access management" on Roles page.
5) Select the list of modules , the list of menus and lick "Save" button .
6) You can also set access to clouds by choosing "Access to all clouds" or "Access to own clouds"
More about clouds you can read on "Couds" section
7) You can set default home page for the role
8) You can enable "Export" buttons for the role
Below is the example of Export button
10) Click "Save" button to save all access .
All information about module access are storing in "els_roles_rights" table
All information about menu access are storing in "els_roles_pages" table